Nothing changes, unless you consistently work at it.
Day by day.
Week by Week.
Month by month.
Here are 12 Habits to work at to Improve your Nutrtition/ Wellness. I will break these down in a few more posts over the next few weeks.
1. Planning: Plan your meals for the week
2. Shopping: Go shopping for your food
3. Cooking: Cook your meals
4. Journaling: Keep a daily journal of food and drink intake
5. Gratitude: Keep a gratitude journal
6. Slow Eating: Eat slowly
7. 80% Full: Stop eating when you’re 80% full
8. Portion Control: Practice proper portions
9. Protein: Make sure you’re getting enough protein
10. Calories: Review food journal to look at total calories
11. Quality Carbs: Check the quality of your carbs
12. Healthy Fats: Make sure you’re getting most of your fats from appropriate sources
Pick one habit to work on and really hone in on getting successful at it. Building things up by habit.
Every week focus on #1-4.
Every day for Numbers 5-12 you need to pay attention to by awareness or the number.
It's not an easy quick fix answer to all your nutrition problems. It's a systematic approach to getting healthier.
By now everyone has experienced some sort of change with this coronavirus. Hopefully, you and your family are all safe and healthy. That's one thing to be grateful for sure.
As time evolves, because certainly things will be different after this is all over.. we will have made some changes.
From a nutrition and workout side, do the best you can to maintain a routine of some sort. If you were use to doing a workout at the gym, try and set a time to do it at home, involve the kids if that helps. Staying active will be good as itll help relieve stress and helps boost the immune system plus you'll feel great also!
Try and limit your snacking while at home, as food is awhole lot more convenient than ever.
Alright, stay healthy.